As of June 2019, OpenGL will no longer be supported for the Sims 4.
Instead, The Sims 4 is develop to support Metal on compatible Macs.
For those of you who use an older Mac, that does not support Metal, you can still play the base game and all its packs.
But keep an eye to the new The Sims 4 Legacy Edition, which will be available in June.
Important facts that should be considered about the Sims 4: Legacy Edition
- The Sims 4: Legacy Edition is free
- No bugs will be fixed in the future or new content can be receive
- The gallery and social integrations in the game no longer work
- Thus, EP / GP and other packs can not be added after February 2019
- Your installed game will automatically be updated to the older version.
Of course, you can still transfer your saved games. For this EA will give an exact instruction, of course I also stay on the ball and keep this in mind
Mac models that support Metal
Metal is the graphics and computer technology integrated in macOS, iOS and tvOS.
The main processor (CPU) and graphics processor (GPU) can both work together more efficiently.
This improves performance and graphics even more.
These models support Metal and Metal 2 in OS X El Capitan and later: